Date: 15th October
Time: 9PM IST (4:30PM BST)
Venue: Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Pune
The second game of the night is a zone A match between home side Puneri Paltan and Dabang Delhi. Pune are still chasing that top spot and so it will be a good game.
Puneri Paltan: WLWLW
Dabang Delhi: LWLLL
(last 5 games most recent first, W = won, D = draw, L = lost)
Puneri Paltan are still chasing top spot despite their loss to Gujarat, a win for Pune would set them up nicely and they still have to play Gujarat later next week. Pune haven’t been playing at their best and as we’ve seen this season it isn’t a given for home teams to do well. In fact in most cases the home team has struggled in their matches, either down to fitness or home pressure.
Dabang Delhi have had a poor season but at least they are fighting in the games that they do have left, and after winning against Jaipur they only narrowly lost to Bengaluru Bulls. They are experimenting with the side in the latter part of the season as they want to decide which players to retain and which to let go for next season.
Pune are playing well and Deepak Niwas Hooda is on top form so I expect a resounding Pune win.
Prediction: Puneri Paltan 40-25 Dabang Delhi
Players to watch
- For Puneri Paltan their best raider is Deepak Niwas Hooda, he has 122 raid points in 18 matches.
- In defence watch out for Girish Ernak and Sandeep Narwal, both are aggressive and strong tacklers, they have 52 and 46 tackle points this season respectively.
- For Dabang Delhi their best raider has been Meraj Sheykh, he has 96 raid points in 20 matches.
Team News and Predicted Line-ups
Puneri Paltan have a settled line up and Deepak Niwas Hooda and Rajesh Mondal will lead the raiding for their side. The corner defenders will most likely be Girish Ernak and Sandeep Narwal, and the cover defenders will be Ravi Kumar and Ziaur Rahman. The third raider will most likely go to Monu.
Dabang Delhi’s lineup is tough to predict, but we can expect Rohit Baliyan and Meraj Sheykh to lead the raiding lineup and the third raiding role will either go to R. Sriram or Abolfazl Maghsoudlou. In defence we will probably see Nilesh Shinde and Yatharth in the corners, and Viraj Vishnu Landge and Swapnil Shinde in the covers. Tushar Bhoir and Vishal may get a start in the cover positions and Satpal will be pushing for a corner position so its relatively unknown as to who will start for Delhi.
Puneri Paltan: Ravi Kumar, Deepak Niwas Hooda (C), Sandeep Narwal, Girish Ernak, Monu, Ziaur Rahman (✈️), Rajesh Mondal.
Dabang Delhi: Nilesh Shinde, Abolfazl Maghsodlou (✈️), Swapnil Shinde, Rohit Baliyan, Meraj Sheykh (✈️, C), Yatharth, Viraj Vishnu Landge.
Dream11 Fantasy Picks
This new section is just my picks for the Dream11 fantasy game, if a player doesn’t do well then don’t hold me accountable because it is just an opinion! If you haven’t already check out my Dream11 Fantasy Kabaddi Tips first before reading below.
- Definite player to pick for this match is all rounder Deepak Niwas Hooda.
- In defence I’d suggest picking one of either Ziaur Rahman, Ravi Kumar, or Girish Ernak.
- For the differential players you might want to consider Rohit Baliyan, Rajesh Mondal, Monu.
- Rajesh Mondal scored a super 10 two matches ago and may score big again in this match, Rohit Baliyan scored 11 raid points in his last match and will want to continue his form, Monu is a great utility player and can raid and defend.
- I suggest going for 2 all rounders with 3 raiders.
For this match I’ve gone for Monu, Rohit Baliyan and Rajesh Mondal as my raiders, Meraj Sheykh and Deepak Niwas Hooda as my all rounders and in defence I’ve gone for Satpal and Girish Ernak. Satpal is not a certain starter but who is in the Delhi defence? My captain will be Deepak Niwas Hooda and my vice captain will be Rohit Baliyan.
Alternatively you can straight swap Meraj Sheykh with Sandeep Narwal.
SPKabaddi’s seven: Deepak Niwas Hooda (C), Rohit Baliyan (VC), Meraj Sheykh, Rajesh Mondal, Monu, Girish Ernak, Satpal.