Date: 15th October
Time: 8PM IST (3:30PM BST)
Venue: Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Pune
The first game of the night is a zone B match between Bengaluru Bulls and U.P. Yoddha. Technically Bengaluru Bulls can still make the playoffs at the expense of U.P. Yoddha but the chances are very very slim.
Bengaluru Bulls: WWLLL
U.P. Yoddha: WWLWW
(last 5 games most recent first, W = won, D = draw, L = lost)
Bengaluru Bulls were up against it from the start of the season with their fairly young and inexperienced squad. Apart from Rohit Kumar there were no big stars for the Bulls, and this showed in the middle of the season when Bengaluru were losing games left right and center. The defence has done okay at times and they have a strong foundation to work with and may be strong come season 6.
U.P. Yoddha rested Nitin Tomar last time out, but it made no difference to the performance as Rishank Devadiga scored a record total of 28 raid points in a single match! He scored 3 super raids to help his side come out with victory against Jaipur Pink Panthers. The defence were fairly solid as well and they look like a strong team amongst the play offs.
Squad rotation may play a part in the outcome of this match, but Rohit Kumar against the Yoddha defence will be an interesting watch. I think if either Rishank or Nitin play, then UP will come away with the win.
Prediction: Bengaluru Bulls 30-40 U.P. Yoddha
Players to watch
- For Bengaluru Bulls Rohit Kumar has been impressive this season scoring 168 raid points in 19 matches.
- In defence Ravinder Pahal is a great watch and scored 5 tackle points in the last match.
- For U.P. Yoddha Nitin Tomar has been their best raider scoring points at will, he has 160 raid points in 19 matches. Rishank Devadiga isn’t too far away either scoring 145 raid points in 19 matches as well.
- In defence watch out for the cover of Jeeva Kumar, but also Nitesh Kumar and Sagar Krishna who are picking up a lot of tackle points recently.
Team News and Predicted Line-ups
Bengaluru Bulls will probably start with raiders Rohit Kumar and Ajay Kumar, Mahender Singh and Ravinder Pahal will lead the defence and Ashish Kumar will probably start as well. The remaining defensive position will either go to Sachin Kumar or Kuldeep Singh and the remaining raiding position will go to either Harish Naik or Sunil Jaipal.
U.P. Yoddha were without Nitin Tomar in their last match and he was probably getting a well deserved rest. I expect him to return for this match at the expense of Gurvinder Singh. The rest of the players should remain the same.
Team line ups can change a lot towards the end of the season so any predictions must be taken with a pinch of salt.
Bengaluru Bulls: Ashish Kumar, Rohit Kumar (C), Harish Naik, Ravinder Pahal, Ajay Kumar, Mahender Singh, Sachin Kumar.
U.P. Yoddha: Surender Singh, Nitesh Kumar, Sagar Krishna, Jeeva Kumar, Nitin Tomar (C), Rishank Devadiga, Rohit Kumar.
Dream11 Fantasy Picks
This new section is just my picks for the Dream11 fantasy game, if a player doesn’t do well then don’t hold me accountable because it is just an opinion! If you haven’t already check out my Dream11 Fantasy Kabaddi Tips first before reading below.
- Definite players to pick for this match are probably raiders Rohit Kumar and Nitin Tomar.
- In defence I’d suggest picking at least two of Jeeva Kumar, Nitesh Kumar and Ravinder Pahal.
- For the differential players you might want to consider Rishank Devadiga, Ajay Kumar, Sagar Krishna.
- Rishank although sometimes inconsistent is a very good raider and can score big points like he did last time scoring 28 raid points. Ajay scored a super 10 in his last match and looks to be getting back to his best. Sagar Krishna is a top defender and can pitch in with a tackle point or two.
- I’d suggest going for 3 raiders in this game, one or two all rounders and two or three defenders.
I really want Rishank Nitin Rohit and Ajay all in my team, so I’m a bit pushed for funds elsewhere but I have Sagar Krishna as my second all rounder and then in defence I have Rohit Kumar (UP) and a 10.5 credit player. Now this player isn’t going to play but I think it might be worth it to have all four raiders in the team. My captain is Rohit Kumar (BLR) and my vice captain is Rishank Devadiga.
Alternatively since it is not certain Nitin Tomar will play, you can replace him with Surender and then you can replace Ajay Kumar with Harish Naik. This then gives you enough funds to swap Sagar Krishna for Nitesh Kumar and then bring in Ravinder Pahal for the 10.5 credit player.
SPKabaddi’s seven: Rohit Kumar (BLR) (C), Rishank Devadiga (VC), Nitin Tomar, Ajay Kumar, Sagar Krishna, Rohit Kumar (UP), P Narwal.