Date: 11th October
Time: 9PM IST (4:30PM BST)
Venue: Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur
The second game of the night is a zone A match between home side Jaipur Pink Panthers and Haryana Steelers. Jaipur still have an outside chance for the playoffs but this looks very unlikely, Harayana have already qualified but will still want to maintain their form going into the playoffs.
Jaipur Pink Panthers: LLWLL
Haryana Steelers: WWWWL
(last 5 games most recent first, W = won, D = draw, L = lost)
Jaipur Pink Panthers struggled against Pune and narrowly lost to Tamil Thalaivas last time out in the absence of Manjeet Chhillar. They are all but out since Pune need just one win to secure their playoff positions and they still have 6 games to go. Conversely a defeat for Jaipur would also spell curtains and put Pune through at the expense of Jaipur.
Haryana Steelers are playing really well and have now won 4 games in a row and will look to make it 5 in a row against Jaipur. It is still possible that Haryana can finish top and they will do their best to try and achieve this.
It is going to be difficult to stop Haryana’s raiders from scoring big raid points. And the Haryana defence is really good so the Jaipur raiders will struggle. I think Haryana will take this one.
Prediction: Jaipur Pink Panthers 30-35 Haryana Steelers
Players to watch
- For Jaipur Pink Panthers Pawan Kumar has been raiding fantastically well scoring 110 raid points in 18 matches.
- In defence watch out for Manjeet Chhillar, if he plays he can tackle anyone and can well win the game with his defensive duties only, he has 43 tackle points in just 13 matches.
- For Haryana Steelers Wazir Singh has been very impressive and equally as consistent. He has scored 100 raid points in 19 matches.
- In defence Surender Nada has been at his best scoring 67 tackle points in 18 matches.
Team News and Predicted Line-ups
Manjeet Chhillar missed the game last night against Tamil Thalaivas and it cost them as they failed to win. We know Manjeet is carrying a long term injury and will need surgery once the league has finished, it is unlikely he will play much now that Jaipur are out of the running for a top 3 place. Jaipur may be unchanged, with Sidharth fighting for a starting place at the expense of Manoj Dhull, it is possible Jaipur could make drastic changes since they are out.
Haryana welcomed back Surjeet Singh in the last match at the expense of Prashant Rai. Vikas Kandola came back for only one game in which he scored 8 points, we don’t know if he’s being rested for the playoffs but he is a class player and their best raider. Haryana will most likely be unchanged with Prashant Rai and Surjeet Singh fighting for the final raiding spot.
Jaipur Pink Panthers: Nitin Rawal, Tushar Patil, Sunil Siddhgavali, Pawan Kumar, Somvir Shekhar, Manoj Dhull, Jasvir Singh.
Haryana Steelers: Surjeet Singh, Wazir Singh, Surender Nada (C), Deepak Kumar Dahiya, Mohit Chhillar, Rakesh Singh Kumar, Neeraj Kumar.
Dream11 Fantasy Picks
This new section is just my picks for the Dream11 fantasy game, if a player doesn’t do well then don’t hold me accountable because it is just an opinion! If you haven’t already check out my Dream11 Fantasy Kabaddi Tips first before reading below.
- Definite players to pick for this match are probably Wazir Singh and Pawan Kumar.
- In defence I’d suggest picking at least two of either Surender Nada, Mohit Chhillar or Nitin Rawal.
- For the differential players you might want to consider Deepak Kumar Dahiya or Jasvir Singh.
- Deepak Kumar Dahiya can play well at times and has been pretty consistent scoring high single figures in each of his last few games. Jasvir Singh has the ability to turn a game around and score big raid points but he’s quite inconsistent.
- I’d suggest going for 3 raiders and 1 all rounders and 3 defenders.
I’ve gone with Pawan Kumar, Jasvir Singh and Deepak Kumar Dahiya as my 3 raiders and my all rounder is Wazir Singh and in defence I have Nitin Rawal, Surender Nada and Rakesh Singh Kumar. My captain is Pawan Kumar and my vice captain is Wazir Singh.
Alternatively you can swap Jasvir Singh for either Surjeet Singh or Tushar Patil and then you can upgrade Rakesh Singh Kumar to Mohit Chhillar.
I’ve not picked Manjeet Chhillar since I’m not sure if he’ll start or not.
SPKabaddi’s seven: Pawan Kumar (C), Wazir Singh (VC), Deepak Kumar Dahiya, Nitin Rawal, Jasvir Singh, Surender Nada, Rakesh Singh Kumar.